Sunday, July 14, 2013

Minna! Esper Dayo! ep.1

First review of the Spring 2013 season with Minna! Esper dayo!
Spring season is already finished , and summer already started!!! I feel bad about being late because I am sure people are interested about summer season...


Synopsis (from DramaWiki):

Adapted from the popular manga, this drama is set in the town of Higashimikawa in the prefecture of Ehime and is about Kamogawa Yoshiro, an average teenager, with no special talents nor outstanding abilities. Until one day, he could suddenly hear other people's thoughts. He could tell that Hayashi-sensei harbors some ulterior motive when it comes to dealing with the new transfer student, Asami Sae. Yoshiro admires Asami, and thus with his newfound powers, he intends to protect her from Hayashi sensei. With that "I shall protect you" thought, came another, "I shall save the world!". Later that day, at the Cafe where he often hangs out, he realises that his childhood friend, Hirano Miyuki, and the Cafe owner, Nagano Terumitsu, have also acquired new powers.

Meanwhile, upon hearing the news of how many townspeople are suddenly acquiring special powers, the mysterious teacher and his assistant decide to move to the town of Higashimikawa...

Cast:

It was really hard to find screenshots without panty shots

My impressions

One day, Kamogawa notices that he has supernatural powers, he realize he might not be the only one...
I have to start saying that this drama might be better suited for a male audience.
This drama started very cliche. A main character who realize he has powers and wants to save the world. There was not much action in the first episode. Everything in the first episode was linked to perverted things, to the point where I think it is too much for my taste. It is based on a manga. If you like manga that is very perverted, like Love Hina, you might be interested in this. If you feel like watching something not serious at all you might be interested.
I think that a perverted, but very funny drama can be good ( like Stand Up!!). However the humor in Minna Esper Dayo did not click with me. 
It was a bit of a disappointment for me because I like supernatural things.
I don't recommend to watch this with kids or your parents.



No comments:

Post a Comment