Monday, July 22, 2013

Kumo no Kaidan ep.1

Medical drama, Kumo no Kaidan episode 1 review!

I'm trying to do 2 episodes of Spring 2013 drama per week. I did 4 last week to speed things up since Summer 2013 already started.  For some reason there is 25 dramas in Spring 2013, so many!!

Synopsis (From DramaWiki):

Hasegawa plays the unlicensed doctor Aikawa Saburo. The drama depicts the fate of Saburo as he provides medical care without a license to the island’s inhabitants as there are not enough doctors on the island and also follows the lives of two women who love Saburo.

Cast:


My impressions

In a remote island with a population around 500 inhabitants, there is only one doctor in a small medical clinic. He thinks one of the staff who only passed his high school has what it takes to become a doctor...
Seeing someone practice illegally made me feel very bad. This first episodes explains the circumstances and how the main character starts to practice illegally. Even though I understood the circumstances, it hurts my moral side. But at the same time, you see how he is needed and nothing else can be done. This drama brings some moral issues and how the people react about them.

The story was extremely slow paced. There was few happenings and medical cases. The main focus was the relation between the characters. I do not expect exiting medical cases from this drama. 
The main character is extremely quiet and introverted. It is very hard to tell his emotions but I thought it was cute since he seemed like a nice person. An other focus of this drama seems to be love. 

In this episode, it also gets kinda bloody at times in surgery scenes and I couldn't watch all of it.

I do not know if I will continue watching this. It is not one of my priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment