Sunday, March 31, 2013

Atsui Kuuki review

Here I will review the drama Atsui Kuuki. I will try to do so without giving away too much of the story. My goal is to convince you if you should watch it or not :).

Atsui Kuuki is a one episode drama which played on December 22 2012. It is based on a novel of the same name written by Matsumoto Seicho (1963).

 

Synopsis :

Nobuko Kawano is a housemaid and she just started to work for this new rich household. She enjoys learning about all the dark secrets of this family.

 Cast :


My impressions : 

Story

For me, it was a first at watching this type of drama and I can say that I really enjoyed the story. I was really surprised by how good it is. I am very pleased to have watched it until the end. The flow of the story was not too fast, but not too slow. It is very rare for me not to get bored halfway watching something. 

Acting

The acting was really good. I thought that every actor played their roles so well that it was believable. The main character is especially well played. During the whole episode, it kept me wondering if she was really malicious or not and why she was working as a housemaid. I also immensely enjoyed that she was able to reply to people who were not nice to her.

Music

I didn't really notice the music while watching this. Thus, I don't think it was bad but it wasn't outstanding either. There is a song that plays from time to time which is sang by the main actress. I thought that it was a good song.

Special

Here I talk about something that is special about the drama and nice to know (if you are a bit nerdy like me).
This drama is actually a remake that was done of the novel in 1983, with the title " Matsumoto Seichô no Atsui kûki - Kaseifu wa mita! Fûfu no himitsu 'Kogeta' ".  The main character was played by Ichihara Etsuko. Then, there was 25 TV specials named "Kafeifu wa Mita!" with Ichihara Etsuko. There was also a drama series that played in 1997. Then, in 2011 there was a drama series called "Kaseifu no Mita" starring Matsushima Nanako, based on the novel and Kaseifu ha Mita! series.
Source : Imdb.com


Recommendation

Here I will make recommendation of drama that you should watch if you enjoyed this drama. I have not seen this series, but I will recommend Kaseifu no Mita, the drama series played in 2011. The last episode received a rating of 40% which is phenomenally high. This drama also won many awards. It is definitely on my watch list now ;). 

No comments:

Post a Comment