Sunday, March 31, 2013

Apoyan ep.1


This review will be about the drama Apoyan. This is the first drama of season Winter 2013 that I watched the first episode.

 

 Cast :


Synopsis (from DramaWiki) :

Based on the serialised novel by Shinno Takeshi, Apoyan tells the story of the people behind every overseas trip. From the travel agents to the people working at the airport.
Endo Keita works for JALPAK, and was based at the Head Office, in charge of the overseas packages' projects. One day, he was suddenly ordered to transfer to Narita Airport. It was a well-known fact within the company that the non-performers were sent to work the counters at Narita, where the duties of one were just to serve the incoming and outgoing travelers. This made Endo realise that the management probably sees him as useless, unable to contribute to the sales increase for the company. As he had joined the company with the sole desire to create tour packages, Endo became really depressed and started entertaining thoughts of leaving the company.


My impressions :

This drama is about Endo Keita, who is appointed to a new job at Narita Airport. His new job is called Apoyan. It is to welcome travelers arriving at the airport, guiding them and also taking care that everything goes well. In this episode, Endo gets to learn the reality to be an Apoyan.

I do not really know why, but I really didn't enjoy this drama. I thought that the theme of the drama, which is a man who works in an airport, was not original enough. The main focus of the episode was his work and it didn't really touched anything else. If I thought that the job was interesting to know more about, I would have enjoyed it more. However, to see someone make sure that people have a valid passport and are on time on their flight was not interesting. It did made me wonder if that job actually exists, as I have never taken a plane before.
If you like airports and planes, you may enjoy this drama more.
To know about a job that I know nothing about is nice, but it is not enough in this case to keep me watching. This is my impressions only by watching the first episode and maybe it gets better later.

What was your impressions if you watched that drama?

2 comments:

  1. Yeah i also didn't enjoy watching this drama. I thought it's just an okay. But i do suggest you to watch the new airport-related drama, 'cheap flight' though! I've only watched the first episode & i'm kinda sold lol! Too bad episode 2 & so on have yet to be uploaded on the net like Dramacrazy.net and Good drama >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to check Cheap Flight for sure :). It seems to be a Tanpatsu which means it's a 1 episode drama only a bit like a short movie :(

      Delete