Saturday, June 22, 2013

Koukou Nyuushi review

Hi!
I made some changes to the blog. I changed the banner. I am trying to change often with the drama I enjoy at the moment. I also changed the font and font color in attempt to make it easier to read.
Today, I review Koukou Nyuushi, a mysterious drama.

Synopsis (from DramaWiki):

The story will focus on the day before and the day of the entrance exam. The story is centered around the entrance exam of a well-known prestigious prefectural high school. A number of incidents occur that threaten the entrance exam, and it seems to be the work of someone lurking in the shadows. Who is the person behind all this and what is his or her motive!? Everybody is a suspect and the truth is only revealed at the end.

Cast:


Review

Story

This is not your typical drama. It was my big surprise of that season. This drama has 13 episodes of 30 minutes each, with the first episode slightly longer. The main theme is about the high school entrance exam. In Japan, when you apply to a school, you have to pass an entrance exam. By passing, it seems that you have to get an average around 90% for all subjects. If you do not pass, you are not able to attend that school and you have to go to a less promising high school. What if you are unlucky and you have a cold the day of the exam? What if you mistakenly skipped a question? What if you don't have the time to complete the exam? Sadly, this will have an impact on which school you will go to, which in turn impacts which university and your life.

A drama about only a high school exam may sound boring, but this is not. It was a big surprise really. The story is actually very interesting and I could just not stop watching. The way the story is told, you just need to know what will happen next. The suspense is really good. This drama has a very dark atmosphere and many mysteries.

The episodes are only 30 minutes. Some of the episode is retelling of the lasts and sometimes not much action is happening in one episode. The whole drama series is maybe a couple of days. Thus, the pace of the drama can be very slow.

For me, the fact that not much action was happening in some episodes made it more mysterious. It was not that bad to make it boring. I just wished we had 45 mins episodes.

Acting

I think all actors did a great job at acting. There is many actors and the story does not really go very in depth in the characters. I think they did good because I was suspicious of everyone.

Music

There is not a lot of music. It actually is more like creepy sounds. It was good at making the atmosphere even more mysterious, but it would have been nice to have more musical tracks. The ending song, Aoi Haru by Back Number, was really good.

Recommendation

At the moment, I cannot think of anything I could recommend if you liked this drama.

Overall, this was a really good drama. I think the fact that it does not really seem interesting at first, makes it I enjoyed it more.

Here is a little drawing I found on internet. I thought it was so cute I had to share this! I have found that the artist makes little drawing like this for almost all drama so I am going to post it at the end of each of my review ~

No comments:

Post a Comment