Sunday, May 12, 2013

Share House no Koibito ep.1

Share House no Koibito episode 1 mini review!

Synopsis (from DramaWiki):

Tsuyama Shio is a boring thirty-something working as an OL in a boring company. As a risk-averse person, she doesn't dare to do anything that may bring on hurt. No lover, no friends, and her close friend is the convenience store at night. Thinking to change her lonely lifestyle, she decides to move into a share house (kind of like a guesthouse/hostel but on a long term basis). Amidst all the difficulties, joy and troubles of living with others, she comes into contact with two very interesting men who also live together with her in the share house.

Cast:


My impressions:

There are times in your life where you feel alone, not loved and all you see in yourself is flawed. In those times, moving far away seems appealing. Here in this romantic comedy drama, 3 adults seems to find themselves in that situation and somehow move in together in a share-house.

This reminded me a lot of "Last Friends"(2008). However, this drama is a lot less serious and has more comedy. As you can expect from the poster of the drama, this drama seems to be a love triangle, with an interesting twist, which I won't spoil here. Sadly, this interesting twist might be the only thing that would make me watch more of this drama.

The story was a little bit unoriginal, but it's hard for new dramas to have a completely original story, so this is not a big deal. This is supposed to be a comedy drama, but I found that there was not enough comedy scenes or the comedy was not funny enough. However, this is judged only from the first episode.

The actors might be a little bit older compared to me and that might explain why I could not enjoy this drama to it's full potential. The main cast is 30-40 years old. I am not saying this is a fault, because it is good to have drama for all ages. However, it might be a generation older than what I am used to. I respect Mizukawa Asami and Tanihara Shosuke a lot, but this time I could not immerse myself in their characters. On an other point of view, people who enjoy a more mature cast may enjoy this one.

I do not expect this drama to be a masterpiece. It looks like to be average. If you feel like watching a more mature and light romantic drama with a love triangle, you might be interested in this.


Their new "house"

No comments:

Post a Comment