Sunday, May 12, 2013

Saki ep.1

Before continuing on with the next review, I have to say that I am having trouble finding a subbed episode of "Last Hope" which is featuring Aiba Masaki. If anyone knows how or where to download the 1rst episode, it would be very nice of you to leave me a message.

Here, I present to you a little review of the first episode of Saki. 


Synopsis (from TokyoHive):

This time ‘Meyer Saki’ will work as a nurse at the pediatrics department of a general hospital. The young patients and all men love her because of her angelic smile, her perfect cooking skills, and the sheer beauty she radiates in everything she does. However, none of them know of her amazing ability to ruin other people’s lives while keeping her hands clean all the time. Her targets this time are the reporter of a major magazine (Miura Shohei) who is searching for his older sister, a famous lawyer (Hagiwara Masato) who is fighting for justice, and her main target – the devoted husband and board chairman of said hospital, played by Takashima Masanobu.

Cast:


My impressions :  

"Saki" is actually a drama series apparently related to "Utsukushii Rinjin" (2011). I do not know how they are related, if this is a sequel, or this is from the past or an alternate story. However, from the comments I read, while it seems it is not needed to have watched Utsukushii Rinjin to understand Saki, it was recommended to watch it beforehand to enjoy it fully.

Saki is a suspense drama. From the above pictures alone, you cannot really tell. It was also hard to tell if it is from only the first episode. Because of that, I wavered between thinking that "it's suspense" and "it's not suspense" for the first episode. Obviously, I did not watch Utsukushii Rinjin. If I did I am sure I would have a different view point.

I think the first episode introduce you to the setting and characters. It is a bit slow paced and it has a strong mysterious feeling. This drama did a great job to have this mysterious feeling for the whole episode. The main character, Saki, was also so mysterious. She was interesting and I want to know more about her and her motives. It seems to me that Nakama Yukie is acting that character quite well.

It is quite hard to judge this drama only with 1 episode. It seems to me I would need more episode to have a better idea of this one. This drama is recommended if you enjoyed Utsukushii Rinjin and suspense drama. It is also recommended if you enjoy when the main character is evil and has bad intentions.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Satoko, if you are still looking for Last Hope, it is at miyase subs. Thanks for the reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, mtwini09.
      I am currently trying to join Miyase subs livejournal to have access to the episode. I actually did not noticed it was already approved. However, it seems on their website that membership is now closed (since today)! I now have a chance at reviewing Last Hope, Thanks again :)

      Delete